Thursday, March 10, 2011

Where to Start!

As you all know there is some talk and possible changes that are to take place in Ethiopia for adoptions. This change, if it goes in affect, is drastic and will most likely cause adoptions to take YEARS. This is not good for the orphaned children in Ethiopia. There are already more than 5 million orphans in Ethiopia, and this would be detrimental to them.

That being said, if you haven't already, PLEASE take 1 minute to sign this petition today by clicking HERE. This is very important. At current there are around 23,800 signatures. To make a big impact JCIS needs about 250k. So please sign today!

Now some of you may be wondering what this means for us and our next adoption and I am going to tell you I don't know.

What I do know is this; God is clearly telling Kent and I that we are to grow our family again through adoption; CLEARLY. God has also placed Ethiopia heavily on our hearts. My hope is that Ethiopia does not make these changes and we can proceed because my heart is there.

What if the changes happen? We will be adopting, if it is not Ethiopia then we will be in prayer about where. If our next adoption is not in Ethiopia we will still be doing something there. I am 100% sure about this.

My husband and I have long talked about a non-profit organization and we are in the beginning stages of creating that. So as things take shape and we see what is going to happen in this country we will be doing big things there and in hopefully in Guatemala. I can't tell you for sure what exactly that will be at this point, but it will be.

So if you have read this all please stick with me a little bit yet. We ask for prayer for Ethiopia and their adoption system, we ask for prayer for our next adoption, and we ask for prayer as we figure out what our non profit will be doing where, and when.

And Lastly.....

THE CONTEST

1. I am so sorry for keeping you all in limbo on the contest as well. All the things happening with Ethiopia right now has consumed my heart. I will tell you that I will be drawing winners hopefully soon. I am SO sorry to make you wait.

2. I will also tell you that my husband does know of my surprise and he was very appreciative. Some day I will get him to write on here about his heart for adoption and the orphan.

3. So far we have raised $900.00!!!!! Yeah God, and thank you so much to all who have donated so far and are praying for us. It means the world!

4. I am not smart enough to know how to update the old chip in I was using so I have created a new one that reflects the $900 given and also a little reduction in the initial fees I thought we would owe. So that will stay up there and praying we are going to Ethiopia again; if not I will let you know where else God intended.

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment