Thursday, March 17, 2011

God's Plan, God's Hands

Good Day,

I am linking up on Linny's blog and it is one of the reason's why I am posting this sooner rather than later...

When I first heard the news that Ethiopia was contemplating some major changes my heart just sank and I felt like the world ended for a day or so, and then slowly but surely my HOPE starting coming back. I KNOW that God placed Ethiopia on our hearts to adopt from again, and I quit letting the fear of the unknown consume and disappoint me and started to let God have control of this adoption again...because he knows how it's going to work out and how it is going to end and I don't have to worry about that! He is pretty awesome like that.

So this morning before the kiddos woke up I was having my time in the Bible and I read what I had planned to, and then switched over to another book I am reading called Radical, by David Platt. I stopped, I prayed, and the entire time I kept feeling this nudging to open my bible back up and here is what I read:

Philippians 4: 6-7

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Friends I can't tell you how much I needed to be reminded of that, and it just confirmed what my heart has been feeling. We are going to proceed with adopting our treasure(s) from Ethiopia, and I know God is going to provide along the way.

Please keep praying for Ethiopia, families waiting to bring treasures home, families like us starting the process again for the third time and whom are trying to raise the funds, and all the orphans of the world.

God Bless.

If you would like to donate to our adoption please use the chip in on the side.

Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Prayed for you today. I'm reading Radical also. Love it! And the Philippians verse is one I must quote to myself multiple times per day. :)
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete