Friday, April 1, 2011

Grace

Oh the heart of grace……This is something I am working on, poorly most times, but I am working on it. I will be honest; I can be one hot headed, stubborn, passionate chic; not going to lie about that. So for me, to try and take that stubborn passion and turn it into God centered grace has been a challenge to say the least.

Obviously, if you have read my blogs at all, you will note that I am extremely passionate about adoption, the orphan, the poor, and the lost, …EXTREMELY and I KNOW in some way shape or form we are all commanded to be passionate about this and continually do something about it; however you are led by God. What I pray is that you are truly seeking God’s plan in your story for the center of his heart, which is the least of these.

I touched on the emotion of our next adoption in this post not that long ago, and now I want to speak of the reaction I struggle with sometimes.

I am completely aware that the human side, the sinful nature side of us all wants to be first in everything we do. I heard not that long ago that you don’t have to teach a child to hit or be mean, it comes naturally, but we have to teach them that is sin and how to deal with it. How true that is! So going with this I am also completely aware that as we become transparent and vulnerable to others we are opening ourselves up to multitudes of judgment, and opinions, but also with that a multitude of Blessings!

With our first adoption, that had been laid on our hearts for years, it was a lot about the self fulfillment of having a family, becoming parents, but with our second and now our third it is more about following God’s will in our family, even when it seems impossible and even when we don’t do it the in the best way possible. So when those who we least expect make it hard or are non supportive or just plain don’t get it; it hurts a little. And every time it is hard not to react with my angry passion and instead go in prayer that God would use us and our adoption to touch, and to teach, and to bring him the glory.

You see I know that Satan will continue to attack us anyway he can along this path, and he will use the things he knows that will hurt us most, and I am telling you right now, as hard as it will be at times, WE ARE NOT GOING TO LET HIM WIN, and WE ARE NOT GOING TO LET HIM DEFEAT US!

We are fund raising, and we are asking, but if you don’t feel led to support us; IT’S OKAY! We are aware of the economy and we are aware of the financial struggles of everyone these days; we are experiencing it to. I told Kent the other day that I just think God is trying to use us and is putting us through this for a reason, and I just want to say that we are ready for the fight to bring the children God has planned for us home.

The things that hurt and the things that we don’t necessarily like or agree with will keep coming, and I will keep seeking God’s hand in it and asking if there is something I can learn, and if not, I am just going to forget it and pray because this is God’s story we are seeking to live out and he has the ultimate say because he is not man, and he is not bound by man’s sin. He can do what man can’t.. always.

So we ask for your prayerful support of our adoption; first and foremost. It truly means the world.

A huge THANKS to those who have ordered necklaces. Every time I felt defeated and vulnerable for asking I was blessed almost immediately with an order! Beautiful and so appreciated. We are looking at ordering extra so if you are a visual person and would like to see one before you agree to buy just let me know! (oh and I won the challenge… :) )

1 Peter 4:12-13 A
Dear friends, don’t be surprised at the fiery trials you are going through... Instead, be very glad-for these trials make you partners with Christ in his suffering...


Love this song below and felt it appropriate for me here and I hope it blesses you too….






1 comment: