Thursday, April 14, 2011

Restless

This week has been a week of Restlessness for me.

Many Many things are touching my heart very deeply like never before... I feel a stirring to write about a lot of it, but cannot yet put it to words..that post may need to go on the other blog, but for now I want to share what I just read.

I have been reading in the book of Luke and as I was having just many various thoughts and emotions today I just asked the Lord to show me something with clarity when I read in my bible and this is what I read and it spoke to my heart.

Luke 8: 22-25 "Wind and Wave Obey Jesus"

Now it happened, on a certain day, that He got into a boat with His diciples. And He said to them, "Let us cross over to the other side of the lake." And they launched out.

But as they sailed He fell asleep. And a windstorm came down on the lake, and they were filling with water, and were in jeopardy.

And they came to Him and awoke Him saying, "Master, Master, we are perishing!" Then He arose and rebuked the wind and the raging of the water. And they ceased, and there was a calm.

But he said to them, "Where is your faith?" And they were afraid, and marveled, saying to one another, "Who can this be? For He commands even the winds and water, and they obey Him!"

Where is my faith? Where is your faith?

Just now he whispered to my soul...Where is your faith daughter, do you not believe I can do this?

It is downright scary to actually start listening and doing what God asks us to do...it makes us more vulnerable than we want to be. When we start to be obiedient to what God wants for our lives the world begins to rip it apart and question it, and even we let worldly thoughts begin to break us down...

I have said I am trusting God in this journey, and I am. Although it can be difficult at times; ultimately I am trusting. I cannot believe the peace I feel with this adoption. With our last two it was hurry, hurry, hurry to the next step and at this point I haven't hurried; although a lot of days I want to, but I am waiting, and I am asking the Lord to show me HIS next step.

So as time eats away at this deadline, my faith is in Him and His plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment