Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Truth

Please hear me when you read this. I do not come to you from a high place of preaching, nor do I come to you with this in a place of judgment.

I come to you from a place of longing to teach, a place of peace and understanding, a place of passion, and a place of unselfishness like I have never known before.

And most importantly I come to you from a place of biblical truth.

Three groups come up time and time again in the bible and I don’t believe it is because God was trying to fill up space on a page.

Just to list some: James 1:27, Deuteronomy 10: 17-18, Jeremiah 22:3, Psalm 10:14, Psalm 82:3

There is a new prayer I have adapted in my life and it is simply this. “Lord, break my heart for what breaks yours.”

We have learned that orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names…before you see their faces. It is easier to pretend they’re not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do everything changes.
Elena Jenyfer, DOB 3/7/07...days old here, and an orphan no more




Lord, break my heart for what breaks yours.

Every 2.2 seconds a child becomes an orphan.

Moses Girum DOB 5/4/2009, 2 months old, an orphan no more.....



Lord, break my heart for what breaks yours.

The Christian’s involvement in orphan care is not optional. We ALL must do something, and not just once so we can say we played our part, but continually. (See James 1:27)

Lord, break my heart for what breaks yours.

It just doesn't matter what career ladders we have climbed, or money we have saved, or gadgets we have owned, or huge homes and churches we have built, or how many sporting events our kids were in or awards we have won, but it will matter what we have done for the least of these.

Lord, Break my heart for what breaks yours.

There are children living in unthinkable, unimaginable places, orphanages that are understaffed, not enough beds,diapers, and food and they are dying. A majority of them dying alone and without love. Without the physical touch that we all desire from the second we are born. My friend, Linny, just recently loved on a 7 month old baby girl who was very sick. Her arm was the size of Linny’s thumb and she died. That is just one out of the millions that are suffering. I so badly want to go and love on them, and hope I can.

Lord, Break my heart for what breaks yours.

I can’t adopt every single 147 million orphans (I would if I could!), and adoption isn’t the only answer. My family is seeking what else we can do beside adopt the ones the Lord calls to our family; are you?

Lord, Break my heart for what breaks yours.

Jesus lived a life of servitude, and died for us who more times than not serve ourselves. I can’t do it anymore, and things are going to change. Besides our next adoption, my family is seeking God’s wisdom on what else we can do. Will you join us? Will you step up and serve the least of these; the heart of our God? I hope so.

For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.

Matthew 20:28

No comments:

Post a Comment